Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mail Holder

My husband and I have been working on this little project for way too long now but we finally finished it this week! It really shouldn't have taken as long as it did but we just kept putting off getting the things we needed for it and our weekends were always busy...so many excuses, haha. But now I finally have my awesome new mail holder!

Here is how we made it!

              We bought this piece of wood from Home Depot for about $5, give or take. I stained it (my first time staining something...not quite as easy as I thought it would be but it turned out really nice).


A few months later...
I painted a baby food jar and used some leftover (from 2 years ago) wedding flowers for a little decor to put at the top of the mail holder. 


Next we found the letter "F" (for our last name) and I painted and covered it in fabric. I'm normally not enough of a perfectionist to do something quiet like this but I forced myself to take my time and I really like how it turned out. 



It was my husband's idea to use hinges as the holders for the mail...he's so creative. It was really hard to find ones we liked but we found them and I love how the whole thing turned out!


Ta-da! There you have it! A super simple, cute mail holder! 




No comments:

Post a Comment