Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 1 Passed

So we survived the first week of bed to crib transfer. Its been a bit of a struggle but I think Layla might be figuring things out. The last couple days have been a little rough but that could just be because its the weekend and our schedule is always a little off during Saturday and Sunday. But...we've been home from my parents house (where we always spend Sunday after church) for over an hour now and she's been asleep the whole time without waking up! *** Literally, as I finished that sentence she woke up. NEVER brag about your child's sleeping while they're sleeping, lol.

I can't believe that Layla will be 6 months old in one week! The time has gone way too fast! And everyone tells you it goes by fast but you don't realize just how fast it passes until it happens. I think it seems to go so fast 1. Because you're sleep deprived so the days just kind of blend into one and 2. Babies change so much within a week so they seem to grow up so ridiculously quick. I have very much enjoyed my first 6 months as a mom. Its better than I imagined it would be (of course) and I've learned so much!

I think one of the biggest things I've learned more about is God's love. God loves his children and as a child of God, I've always had a hard time understanding his love for me. Now that I am a parent, I feel like I understand the depth of his love a little better. If I can love this little baby as much as I do...I can't imagine how much he loves each one of his children, who(m?) me created and 'knit together in [our] mother's womb!' That's pretty incredible and some awesome love.

Another thing I've learned is that I am a much more patient parent that I thought I would be. Now, that may change as Layla gets older and as she begins to understand the things that she does, but for now it has been really easy to be patient with her (except for some of the 2am feedings). This is also something else that I have begun to understand more clearly about God. He is so incredibly patient with us its ridiculous. I always wonder how he can be so patient with me over and over again but it comes back to his love. His love is so incredible for his children and love is patient. God is love and love is patient...so think back to your most 'patient moment' and imagine how much more patient God is!

Back to Layla...we're planning to let her try some food soon. I'm thinking of either starting with carrots or avocado. Thoughts? Suggestions? What did you other moms try first?

No comments:

Post a Comment