Friday, February 8, 2013

Cloth Diapering

http://allaboutclothdiapers.com/are-disposable-diapers-really-that-bad/
This makes me so glad we use cloth diapers! This is not to harp on those of you who use disposables because I would be using them, too if my sister hadn't introduced me to cloth. Even then I almost said 'forget it. This is too complicated and frustrating.' But now that I've figured out what diapers work best for us I love it! It saves so much money and is so much safer for Layla. Its ridiculous the chemicals and toxins that are in disposable diapers and most people aren't aware of it! Layla can't even wear them anymore...I've put her in a disposable a couple of different times recently and after just an hour of wearing it, her little bum breaks out in a horrible rash. I know it could just be the brand, but even so, there's so many different things in those diapers that can cause a rash. And then we go and slather on butt cream (IDK what all is in that stuff but I'm sure there's plenty of controversy with that as well) to make the rash go away. 

Anyway, this blog I found on pinterest talks about cloth vs. disposable and she mentions the harmful toxins that are in disposable diapers. Dioxin is one of those ingredients and it has been found to be linked to"cause damage to the central nervous system, kidneys, and liver."  I know that's probably a rare thing but still, why risk it? 

The blog goes on to talk about other things about disposable diapers, of course they're all negative. But I just found it interesting. 

I think cloth diapering is becoming more common and more talked about but its still a 'disgusting' thing for a lot of people. So far it hasn't been gross but Layla is still exclusively breastfed so those dirty diapers are pretty runny still! We'll see how I feel when that changes, ha. 

I love my fluff. Especially having a girl, there are SO many cute options for diapers and I think that'll become even more fun in the summer when we can show them off! 

You can't take adorable pictures like this with a disposable diaper! :)  (sorry for the blurry-ness)




No comments:

Post a Comment