Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Just today the thought hit me - 'I wonder if I would enjoy being a doula.' 'Could I handle being in the room when another woman is in labor?'

I relive the moment Layla was born almost every day. It was the most incredible, painful, amazing, wonderful experience I've ever had and it would be great to be able to help other women have the same great experience. It would also be a very tense and possibly stressful thing.

I just started doing a little bit of research this afternoon and there is a lot that goes into becoming a birth doula (good thing!). Before I make any decisions, I'd like to talk to some other doulas to see how much it costs, how long it takes, if I have the right personality, etc, to be a doula. I know it would be a very rewarding thing but I know how serious it is, as well, and I would have to be 100% committed.

Who knows if I'll still be interested in this in a week, ha. This may just be an idea that comes and goes but your thoughts are welcome! I'm going to do a little more research and probably talk to the doula we hired when Layla was born.



Enjoy this adorable picture of Layla from our trip to Babies R Us today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment